Barney & Barney Names Eight New Principals
Click HERE for PDF version.
SAN DIEGO, January 21, 2015 - Barney & Barney Insurance Services LLC, a Marsh & McLennan Insurance Agency LLC, is pleased to announce today the appointment of eight new principals, bringing the total number of principals at the firm to 50.
Commenting on the appointments, Paul Hering, Barney & Barney CEO, said: “I’m pleased to welcome all of these talented team members to the principal group. As a firm, we remain committed to recognizing leadership and performance by acknowledging the associates who have played an impactful role in shaping Barney & Barney into the organization it is today. These eight individuals are exceptional performers and truly deserving of being named principals”
The new principals are:
- Bill Beason, Principal. Beason joined Barney & Barney from Marsh’s San Diego office in January 2015, where he was a Senior Vice President. He has worked for Marsh for the past 28 years. Beason has a Bachelor of Business Administration from Eastern Michigan University.
- Amy Brutto, Principal. Brutto joined Barney & Barney from Marsh’s San Diego office in January 2015, where she was Senior Vice President. Brutto has more than 20 years of experience in insurance, managed care and healthcare. She specializes in client retention, business development, operations, product development and project management. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from University of Detroit Mercy and a master’s degree in Public Health from California State University, San Diego.
- Michele Comtois, Principal. Comtois joined Barney & Barney’s Property & Casualty Division in 2005 and works in the Executive Liability Practice Group in San Diego. She has more than 12 years of experience and is an active participant in the community and industry. She is a founding member of the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation, San Diego Chapter. Comtois received a Bachelor of Science in finance from the University of Vermont.
- Adam Moise, Principal. Moise joined Barney & Barney in 2012 and has more than 16 years of experience. He is a member of the Employee Benefits Division in San Francisco, specializing in the technology sector. Moise is active in the community and a board member of the Larkin Street Youth Services. He received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Santa Barbara and a master’s degree from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Kristen Olson, Principal. Olson joined Barney & Barney from Marsh’s San Diego office in January 2015 where she was a Senior Vice President. She has more than 25 years of experience in the insurance industry, including 18 years as a commercial broker for Marsh. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of the Pacific.
- Pedro Reyes, Principal. Reyes joined the firm’s Employee Benefits Division in 2007 and specializes in Small Business and Charter School benefits solutions. He has more than 10 years of experience and is a board member of the Boys & Girls Club, South County, in the Greater San Diego Area. He received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Nick Tait, Principal. Tait joined Barney & Barney’s Property & Casualty Division in 2009 and is a member of the Technology & Life Science Practice Group in San Diego. He has more than eight years of experience and holds the designations of Commercial Lines Coverage Specialist (CLCS) and Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU). He received his bachelor’s degree in international relations and political affairs from the University of Leicester, UK.
- Kathy Vanderslice, Principal. Vanderslice joined Barney & Barney in 2005 and is the Director of Private Client Group, Private Company & Commercial Marketing in San Diego. She has more than 25 years of insurance industry experience and served as President of the Insurance Brokers & Agents Association of San Diego. Vanderslice received her Bachelor of Arts from the California State University, San Bernardino.
About Barney & Barney
Barney & Barney is one of the nation’s leading insurance brokerages, offering a comprehensive line of risk management and employee benefit solutions. The firm specializes in commercial property and casualty insurance, employee benefits, workers’ compensation, compensation consulting, executive liability, personal lines and surety. In 2014, Barney & Barney joined Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC (MMA), a subsidiary of Marsh Inc., the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor. Barney & Barney has offices in San Diego, San Francisco, Walnut Creek and Orange County. For more information, visit www.barneyandbarney.com, or call 800.321.4696.