Client Manager, Small Business Division
Under minimal supervision, this position provides technical advice and customer service to existing clients, and develops new accounts in accordance with MMA growth initiatives. Assist Client Executives in maintaining commercial insurance policies, in accordance with company objectives and procedures. This requires an understanding of the client’s needs, how to correctly place business in the market, with timely and accurate servicing of client transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administratively support the Client Executives with the new and renewal process.
- Track renewals to ensure the process is started in a timely manner.
- Gather client information, current / renewal plan design and rate information, and historical claims experience data to submit for underwriting.
- Follow up with underwriters to confirm receipt of submission progress and identify additional information needed, if any.
- Update the Client Executives of the progress of the policy in moving toward a quote.
- Provide day to day client service with the development of new accounts and retention of existing business.
- Act as liaison for clients and carriers to research and resolve routine coverage, claim and administrative problems. Elevate unique or significant situations such as those involving E&O issues, contractual discrepancies and complex claims to the attention of the Client Executives and Client Managers.
- Respond to client and carrier questions in a timely manner, requesting assistance from others on the team if needed.
- Ensure the client data is accurate and current upon each renewal and throughout the policy period.
- Prepare files and other records needed in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing insurance policy contracts, legal documents and other documents and correspondence for accuracy and to ensure that all material is issued properly.
- Maintain agency management systems.
- Exhibit clear and organized file maintenance according to procedure with comprehensive documentation of account issues.
- Maintain status reports as required.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with others on the team and within the department.
- Actively participate in department meetings and educational classes by sharing information and suggestions with others within the Department.
- Maintain the professional standards established by the Company when working with clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
A service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style is required for this position, as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and adjusting priorities. A positive and approachable demeanor is needed to effectively interact with a large group of internal associates and external clients. In addition, the following is required:
- Successful work history to include a minimum of 3 years experience in a professional office setting with a history of progressively greater responsibility for making administrative / procedural decisions and judgments is required. Preferably this experience will be with a carrier or brokerage with job tasks directly related to the above responsibilities.
- Secondary education such as associate or bachelor degree preferred.
- Must attain and/or maintain a valid unrestricted California Property & Casualty license and meet continuing education requirements.
- Must acquire and maintain strong technical Property & Casualty skills to include multiple insurance carrier rating, policy issuance and management information systems.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Word and Excel as well as ability to operate standard office equipment - telephone, copier, fax and personal computer.
- Demonstrated ability to think logically in solving problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as the use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Click HERE for PDF version.