Commercial Services Trainee
This position prepares individuals to progress into Client Administrator, Client Manager and Client Executive positions, each building on the previous positions skills. Trainees work in a variety of situations, at times working as members of a team and other times working alone on an assignment. Trainees are under close supervision and performance is monitored to determine qualification for advancement as opportunities arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a training position, there are similarities between all trainees’ day-to-day tasks. However, individual duties and projects are assigned and rotated to develop familiarity with the department, its functions, and Associates.
- Respond to departmental requests for administrative assistance with the following:
-- Create Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
-- Create Auto Liability proof of insurance ID cards and complete certificate projects.
-- Assist in maintaining files and records using the AgencyInsight system.
-- Enter applications into LightPaper system.
-- Gather and maintain information regarding carrier, underwriter and client requirements.
-- Provide clerical assistance with copying, faxing, mass mailings, assembling binders and scanning files as needed.
-- Download Department mail from Insurance Carrier Websites.
-- Sort, file and distribute extensive mail and communications daily.
- Process Loss Run reports as needed.
-- Request loss runs based on monthly reports and in accordance with the carrier’s requirements.
-- Follow up with the carrier until loss run is received and file in electronic filing system.
-- Inform Client Administrator and/or Client Manager if the loss run will be delayed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with other Associates.
- Identify needs and competencies to be acquired, and make use of appropriate training opportunities.
- Learn client policy requirements and AgencyInsight, Barcoding, and ImageRight systems.
- Communicate system or process related problems to the appropriate Associate.
- Plan ahead and problem solve - anticipate, report, and help resolve problems that may occur
Education and/or Experience
Trainees serve a large group of people. They need to be alert, positive and approachable by everyone. They must interact effectively with widely diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- A bachelor’s degree or ability to receive the degree within two to three months, or 3 years experience performing in a professional administrative and customer service capacity is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Successful work history demonstrating reliability and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, and set and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to think logically in solving problems assigned and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Attention to detail and an appreciation for a job well done.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
-- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
-- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Click HERE for PDF version.