EB Configuration Analyst
The EB Configuration Analyst is responsible for serving as the day-to-day liaison for our client contacts and their respective healthcare providers and vendors during implementations, open enrollments, and ongoing benefits administration. This position also works closely with the Employee Benefits service teams and Technology Consultant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all client deliverables and procedures related to benefit plan design changes for system implementations, renewals and ongoing administration;
- Review and revise business and plan design requirements and the functional design specifications for system set-ups and configurations;
- Responsible for quality assurance tasks for various client deliverables and procedures such as, but not limited to, carrier files, payroll files, billing reports, worksheets, confirms, and inbox requests;
- Analyze technical requirements, test plans, training materials and procedure documents;
- Execute test plans and test case scenarios to ensure requirements are being met;
- Perform data manipulation, mapping, conversions, and validations utilizing internal systems, external files, Access, and Excel;
- Monitor, research, and resolve escalated client issues by utilizing Issue Management System and other client specific tools, while coaching client team members on resolutions;
- Assist with developing client-specific training guides for Call Center staff in support of clients’ benefit plan intricacies and for increased call volume during peak seasons;
- Participate and/or facilitate meetings with clients, carriers and other colleagues;
- Proactively identify and resolve risks and provide proper escalation for high level resolutions;
- Maintain best practices and proactively recommend opportunities for efficiency improvements;
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, carriers and internal departments to ensure successful implementations, renewals and ongoing administration;
- Coach and train internal members of the benefit administration team on best practices and client-specific knowledge.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates / offices and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The EB Configuration Analyst must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field including the following: Business, Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge SQL preferred; Access highly preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience within a health care, health and welfare consulting, insurance brokerage, human resources consulting, or employee benefits related industry with experience working through an open enrollment or annual renewal benefits cycle preferred;
- Related exposure to Benefits Administration, COBRA, Spending Accounts, HRIS, and/or Payroll environments is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include work experience creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot tables, mail merger and formulas.
- This position interacts with and provides service to clients and colleagues alike, so high level of people-service, collaboration, and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- 10% - 15% travel is required. Travel consists of 1 – 2 overnight trips per quarter covering areas both in and out of state.
Click HERE for PDF version.