Insurance Associate, Private Company - Small Business Insurance
Provide support for Client Administrators in servicing all lines of Business Insurance insurance in accordance with departmental objectives and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Client Administrator in providing service to accounts as additional experience, knowledge and familiarity with processes and procedures of file maintenance and day-to-day tasks is achieved.
- Process client invoices, endorsements, certificates, binders, coverage policies, finance agreements and audits.
- Ordering and reviewing loss run and claim status reports.
- Documenting client files regarding action items, follow up of outstanding issues, and completed tasks.
- Complete applications as needed.
- Create certificate notebooks.
- Managing expiration lists.
- Process incoming mail to include policies, endorsements, invoices, loss control reports and Loss Runs.
- Verify items needed to check incoming policies are available in ImageRight prior to providing the policy to the Client Administrator.
- Set up original policies in binders.
- Draft a Summary of Insurance for the Client Administrator to review.
- Verify that Endorsements are accurate, prepare the invoice, transmit a signed copy to the client and close the corresponding diary entry in ImageRight.
- File monthly installment and direct bill invoices, loss runs, and loss control reports.
- Become proficient in the use of technology systems, software and tools such as ImageRight, Bar Coding and Scanning used to perform duties.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with other Associates and clients
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates. The Insurance Associate must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
Successful work history to include 1-2 years experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above or a bachelor’s degree or ability to receive the degree within two to three months.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Achieve an AAI designation as well as have willingness to pursue continuing education in the form of insurance designations and professional development training
- Maintain a valid, unrestricted California Life & Disability Property & Casualty License and meet continuing education requirements.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Click HERE for PDF version.