Open Enrollment Specialist - Bilingual
Coordinate with Employee Benefit service teams to prepare open enrollment materials. Conduct open enrollment presentations for Barney & Barney clients in English and Spanish. This position will also translate benefits materials into Spanish as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordination and preparation of announcement material for enrollment process in cooperation with internal teams.
- Translate materials from Spanish to English and English to Spanish as requested to include announcement materials and PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinate with carrier representatives all activity for open enrollment meetings.
- Conduct employee open enrollment meetings, including 1/3 of the meetings conducted in Spanish.
- Maintain open enrollment calendar in centralized location for all teams to access.
- Provide feedback to teams on open enrollment activities and client requests that were expressed during open enrollment meetings.
- Travel locally and out of town or state as needed for open enrollment meetings.
- Attend internal meetings upon request.
- Prepare files and other records needed for Barney & Barney.
- Keep abreast of the marketplace.
- Maintain the professional standards established by Barney & Barney when working with clients.
- Share information with others to create a good network of information to improve open enrollment processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Open Enrollment Specialist-Bilingual must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Requires a college degree and/or a minimum of 2-3 years insurance background preferred, specifically in employee benefits.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to conduct oral presentations.
- Must be bilingual and able to orally present and write in Spanish.
- Above average analyzing, problem solving and planning techniques are essential.
- Dependability and excellent team player qualities.
- Maintain a valid, unrestricted state of California Life & Disability License.
- Ability to utilize computer and database equipment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to effectively conduct presentations.
- Must be flexible and have good organization skills.
- Must have follow-through and follow-up skills.
- Maintain a valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to operate standard office equipment; telephone, copier, personal computer.
- Ability to sit in a stationary position for extended periods in the office and driving to client meetings.
- Longevity in speaking, standing or sitting to deliver presentations is required.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion.
- Daily travel is required, usually consisting of client site visits throughout San Diego and surrounding counties. In addition, during periods of heavy renewals, up to 2-4 overnight trips / month covering areas in and out of state are required.
Click HERE for PDF version.