Open Enrollment Specialist - Bilingual
Coordinate with Employee Benefit service teams to prepare open enrollment materials. Conduct open enrollment presentations for MMA clients in English and Spanish. This position will also translate benefits materials into Spanish as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordination and preparation of announcement material for enrollment process in cooperation with internal teams.
- Translate materials from Spanish to English and English to Spanish as requested to include announcement materials and PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinate with carrier representatives all activity for open enrollment meetings.
- Conduct employee open enrollment meetings, including 1/3 of the meetings conducted in Spanish.
- Maintain open enrollment calendar in centralized location for all teams to access.
- Provide feedback to teams on open enrollment activities and client requests that were expressed during open enrollment meetings.
- Travel locally and out of town or state as needed for open enrollment meetings.
- Attend internal meetings upon request.
- Prepare files and other records needed for Barney & Barney.
- Keep abreast of the marketplace.
- Maintain the professional standards established by Barney & Barney when working with clients.
- Share information with others to create a good network of information to improve open enrollment processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Open Enrollment Specialist-Bilingual must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Requires a college degree and/or a minimum of 2-3 years insurance background preferred, specifically in employee benefits.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to conduct oral presentations.
- Must be bilingual and able to orally present and write in Spanish.
- Above average analyzing, problem solving and planning techniques are essential.
- Dependability and excellent team player qualities.
- Maintain a valid, unrestricted state of California Life & Disability License.
- Ability to utilize computer and database equipment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to effectively conduct presentations.
- Must be flexible and have good organization skills.
- Must have follow-through and follow-up skills.
- Maintain a valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to operate standard office equipment; telephone, copier, personal computer.
- Ability to sit in a stationary position for extended periods in the office and driving to client meetings.
- Longevity in speaking, standing or sitting to deliver presentations is required.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion.
- Daily travel is required, usually consisting of client site visits throughout San Diego and surrounding counties. In addition, during periods of heavy renewals, up to 2-4 overnight trips / month covering areas in and out of state are required.
Click HERE for PDF version.