Operations Coordinator, Employee Benefits Division
Under general supervision of the Division Operations Manager, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and project support to the San Diego Client Service Teams and general operations support within the Employee Benefits Division. This position will work with a variety of associates and independently on client service team projects and operational assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide general operations support for the Employee Benefits Division including but not limited to
- Act as a liaison between teams, divisions and offices to promote strong communication and problem solving solutions
- Update and maintain communication documents including manuals, templates, procedures, etc.
- Update colleague user system access (e.g., EaseCentral, Plan Doc Builder, etc.)
- Actively support operations department projects and objectives
- Proactively identify areas needing updates and support management of ongoing updates
- Provide back-up support for Operations Analyst and Operations Specialist
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, and cohesive team effort fostering positive moral within the Division
Support the day-to-day carrier and vendor vetting process including but not limited to
- Under the immediate direction of the Division Operations Manager, perform review/vetting of carriers and vendors based on documented processes including obtaining/completing required documents, pre-approval, reference checks, agreements, etc. for final approval
- Maintain new carrier and vendor review/vetting template documents, processes and communications
Assist Client Service Teams with general Benefit Service Associate tasks as assigned including but not limited to
- Renewal and Marketing templates
- RFP: Update RFP to send to designated markets
- Census: Update (scrub) census data t
- Renewal & Marketing: Client presentations (e.g., current and marketing plan designs, rates, experience data, trend, benchmarking, etc.)
- General administrative support
- Prepare benefit guides, open enrollment and other client communication materials
- Charge, clean and upload final presentations to iPads
- Upload client data to mobile applications (e.g., iBenefits App)
- Photocopy, print and assemble client and employee communications
- Provide general support for Microsoft programs (e.g., Excel, Word, PPT, and Outlook)
- Review and Peer Review benefit summaries and other communication materials
- Attend department and carrier/vendor meetings to gain understanding of health plan types, coverage options, and changes/trends occurring in the insurance marketplace
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Operations Coordinator must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following are required:
- Successful work history to include a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a professional office setting directly related project management with progressively greater responsibility for making administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in Business Management or similar field of study.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and database administration, with ability to operate standard office equipment required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize resources, establish priorities, resolve problems, plan appropriately and make sound decisions within job scope especially with workload changes and under deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present results neatly and with precision in a concise, logical and professional manner.
- Dependable with the self-initiative to follow through on assignments and work productively with others in a team environment.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Periodic travel may be required. Travel may consist of 1–2 overnight trips per quarter as well as day trips visiting other office sites.
Click HERE for PDF version.