Operations Coordinator, Employee Health & Benefits Division
Under the supervision of the Client Service Executive, the Operations Coordinator administratively supports operations and act as a liaison between San Diego operations and Orange County. The Operations Coordinator gathers information, responds to routine requests, BenefitPoint administration and operational compliance with BenefitPoint process and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary expert to support the BenefitPoint system for the OC office
- Act as the OC representative on the design team to implement BenefitPoint.
- Contribute to the design and continual development of policy and procedures that users will use with BenefitPoint.
- Within the system, administration will include the adjustment of workflows to reflect what is being done in practice and to anticipate future changes.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the information in BenefitPoint.
- Create and maintain benefit carrier contacts in BenefitPoint.
- Create and utilize reports in BenefitPoint for benchmarking and other reports as needed.
- Train and assist OC associates on how to use BenefitPoint.
- Provide administrative and operational support for the client service team
- Coordinate and calendar carrier meetings.
- Gather data, update and maintain the Agency Management System and the filing / ImageRight System.
- Follow processes and procedures as outlined in the Procedure Manual.
- Provide clerical functions to the client service team for new/renewal formal binders, open enrollment communications and other client presentation materials.
- Provide overflow and back-up functions to the Orange County communication team for printing and coordination of communications.
- Provide overflow of administration as assigned by the Client Service Director to the client service team to track marketing submissions, and communicate the status of those submissions and ensure that changes / updates are completed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Provide day to day support to the client service team
- Responsible for distribution of compliance alerts and updates to clients.
- Provide back-up assistance as needed to the client service team with client ID cards
- Prepare files and other records as needed.
- Initiate and coordinate with carriers and vendor to ensure that the 5500s are filled in a timely manner.
- Develop good relationships with others on the client service team
- Responsible for working with the Division Operations Manager regarding benefit communication websites as needed.
- Act as the OC representative responsible for working closely with the San Diego operations team regarding all internal operations procedures and processes.
- Maintain professional standards when working with carriers and internal clients.
- Share operational process and procedures with team members to create a network of information within the department.
- Attend bi-monthly service team meetings and other meetings as requested.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to internal associates and contact with external vendors. The Operations Coordinator must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Successful work history to include 3 years of experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plan structures.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) in creating presentations and documents, including database and spreadsheet data entry. The ability to operate standard office equipment.
- The ability to perform basic arithmetic, calculate percentages, and percentage increases/decreases.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and composure under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- 5% travel may be required to visit the San Diego or other Bay Area offices.
Click HERE for PDF version.