Under general supervision of the Director of Operations, the Operations Specialist is responsible for providing technology support, a successful orientation program for new associates and for providing general operations supports within the Employee Benefits Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing agency management system support for the Employee Benefits Division.
- Conduct agency management system and filing system trainings to new associates and ongoing trainings to associates across the Division.
- Pull reports for mass communication mailings and other needs within the division upon request.
- Responsible for performing the necessary changes within the agency management system to process team transfers.
- Act as eMMA liaison and attend meetings as required.
- Maintain agency management system error log, add & term associate access and maintain carriers and payees in agency management system.
- Responsible for creation and ongoing maintenance of User Guide for agency management system.
- Responsible for new hire set up coordination and orientation.
- Coordinate Associate Onboarding Form and EB specific orientation schedules for newly hired Benefit associates to include:
- Work space preparation.
- Ensure appropriate departments, including IT and facilities, have been prepared in advance of their arrival.
- Conduct an Operations orientation within 2-3 weeks of hire date.
- Provide an overview of Barney & Barney and the Employee Benefits Division and set customer service expectations for the Barney & Barney brand.
- Continue to identify ways to improve efficiencies and provide an educational experience for new associates.
- Provide daily operations support for the Employee Benefits Division.
- Ensure Client Service teams and Accounting department are aware of the terms, conditions and requirements of Consulting Agreements, and each is provided with fully executed copies to ensure billings are distributed to clients timely.
- Set up consulting fee products in agency management system according to the client agreement provisions and produce invoices accordingly.
- Produce invoices for the Employee Benefits Division and provide back up as necessary in producing others to include MarketLink, Compensation Consulting, etc.
- Assist associates with meeting and event set-ups as a back up to our Operations Administrator.
- Assist with Operations-led events for the department to include monthly birthday celebrations and holiday events.
- Acting as a department liaison with our Support partners:
- Work with Communications & Publications on troubleshooting. Resolve printer issues or rebranding issues, as examples.
- Coordinate moves with Facilities and IT. Ensure seating maps are updated.
- Work with Accounting regarding commission application, resolving agency management system errors, etc.
- Assist Director of Operations in developing and/or modifying procedures for use by Employee Benefits division related to projects.
- Proactively identify areas within operations that need to be updated or changed.
- Work with Division leadership on projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Operations Specialist must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- Successful work history to include a minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional office setting directly related project management, with progressively greater responsibility for making administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in Business Management or similar field of study.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and database administration, with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Must possess good communication skills along with the ability to lead multiple teams across various business units.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- 10% travel may be required. Travel consists of 1 – 2 overnight trips per quarter as well as day trips visiting other office sites.
Click HERE for PDF version.