Marketing & Communications Project Associate
Working closely with regional and national MarComm teams, the Project Manager proactively coordinates marketing projects by assisting with creative briefs, scheduling, and communication efforts between project team members. This position is also responsible for maintaining a project planner to track activity and manage deadlines. The Project Manager is detail-oriented, a skilled communicator, organized, and has a proven ability to coordinate multiple projects, deadlines, and teams simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to national and regional MarComm initiatives by coordinating the development and timely execution of projects leveraging the varied talents of the collective group of MarComm colleagues across MMA.
- Effectively manage the flow of information and communications across all project stakeholders through the following activities:
- Attend discovery meetings and critical milestone meetings, providing consolidated feedback to team leaders as appropriate.
- Assist with the creation of creative briefs and project plans to outline background, objectives, deliverables and timelines and other critical factors.
- Update and maintain the project planner as assignments are received, resources are identified, and milestones are reached.
- Manage various projects simultaneously with efficiency, speed, and high quality within strict deadlines.
- Organize files within the shared regional and national MarComm drive and archive project assets, artifacts and related project documentation under the direction of team leads.
- Monitor shared email inbox used to field design requests, relay opportunities to the design team, and confirm assignment with requesting colleague.
- Assist with scheduling conference calls and meetings for team members across various geographic locations and time zones.
- Provide timely announcements regarding updated or new assets, tools, and templates available to all MarComm colleagues.
- Act as liaison between MarComm teams and colleagues seeking MarComm support. Direct requests accordingly.
- Maintain contact list for all MarComm colleagues.
- Assist regional MarComm team with various administrative projects as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a highly-organized individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style who thrives in busy times. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with colleagues located across offices, so excellent email, phone and video conferencing communication is key. The Project Manager must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Successful work history to include 3-5 years of experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications and/or Business Administration.
- Skilled communicator, especially across different locations via email, phone and video.
- High proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to operate in a fairly autonomous role with sometimes little direction.
- Advertising or marketing agency experience a plus.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- 20% travel may be required. Travel consists of 2 -3 trips per year to various locations in the US.
Click HERE for PDF version.