This position works collaboratively with associates to determine layout, formatting requirements, and creates templates to address proposal or project specifications in compliance with company branding guidelines and standards. This includes formatting, editing and quality control using Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat Professional. In addition, this position helps with print production, when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and revise material (proposals, reports, complex tables, questionnaires, merges / databases) from rough draft, corrected copy, previous versions, and verbal instructions.
- Design and maintain style sheets and templates in Microsoft Word.
- Prepare documents for final delivery including managing styles, generating charts and graphs, embedding and linking multiple files into a single document, hyperlinking, and creating PDFs.
- Organize and maintain hard-copy and electronic files and archive according to department procedures
- Conduct editing and consistency checks for style and formatting accuracy.
- Support the printing / publishing of documents.
- Act as customer service representative when responding to work or print requests.
- Provide support to the Communications team when necessary
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires a detail-oriented individual, who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines simultaneously, able to switch between technical and creative projects easily, adjusting priorities often in a very fast-paced environment, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates at all levels of the organization. The Publications Associate must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
Successful work history to include 3 years of experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in English, Communications or other related discipline. Combination of equivalent experience and education may be substituted for degree.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional and producing PDF versions of documents.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Understanding of graphic design principles and creativity a plus.
- Superb attention to detail and high standard of excellence; ability to spot inconsistencies in text, color or alignment.
- Experience working with proprietary material a plus.
- Skill in organizing resources, time management and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- This position requires the ability to stoop and bend regularly, and lift up to 25lbs.
- Extended work hours required on occasion.
Click HERE for PDF version.