Sales Administrative Assistant
Under the direction of the Director of Business Development, this position provides support for various sales support functions in the Business Insurance and Employee Health & Benefit divisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect related tasks may include
- Assist with the research and development of sales presentations and preparations for client meetings.
- Pre-conference duties may include determining attendee list, and developing understanding of all attendees, client versus prospects
- Prospect lead generation through research, gathering data, and contacts to assist with formulating pipeline
- Follow up with prospects and send correspondence
- System Administration
- Assist with developing and researching prospect lists through Salesforce and Sagitta
- Research and input data on clients, prospects as well as run reports needed for producers
- Process client data information, completing Acord Applications, and supplemental information
- Assist Client Sales Executive in performing day-to-day administrative duties.
- Learn basic insurance industry and sales concepts and demonstrate mastery of this knowledge by applying it while performing duties such as researching potential sales prospects
- Assistance with other various administrative projects as needed in the office
Education and/or Experience
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with prospective and existing clients and internal associates.
- Results oriented with demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Ability to work semi-autonomously in a fast paced environment.
- Professional experience in sales or client service environment preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Occasional travel to client sites within driving distance of the workplace.
Click HERE for PDF version.