Talent Acquisition Associate
Conduct full-cycle recruitment while advancing the MMA brand and guiding candidates through the selection process. This individual is also responsible for ensuring that every candidate hired has a world class onboarding experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sourcing and Selection
- Utilize LinkedIn Recruiter and other recruiting platforms to source passive and active candidates
- Pre-screen applicants by reviewing resumes and conducting phone and in-person interviews to access cultural and technical fit
- Extend and negotiate employment offers as directed and within company guidelines
- Advise and consult with hiring managers regarding market trends, recruiting issues and company policies and procedures
- Pre- Employment Activities
- Communicate expectations with hiring manager and coordinate all materials
- Communicate Information needed to new colleagues
- Manage the ambassador program and communicate expectations with ambassadors and their managers
- Complete any necessary pre-hire paperwork
- Routinely evaluate (quarterly) and update new-hire materials (e.g., on boarding essentials guide, manager's essentials guide etc.), and other materials related to onboarding
- Coordinate onboarding timeline with Facilities, IT, and any other stakeholders
- First Week Activites
- Meet with each new colleague and provide an informal orientation by meeting on their first day
- be available as a liaison to the correct resource and answer any questoins or concerns
- support managers with new colleague onboarding activities
- Run the UNITE! New Colleague Experience at Headquarters
- Coordinate and set up UNITE! orientaion by reserving conference rooms, managing invitations, ordering lunch and providing refreshments as needed, printing name tages, communicating changes to speakers
- interfacing with Cadence Travel to ensure colleagues have a seamless reservation process
- Ensure UNITE! is a great experience and runs smoothly by assisting with transitions between speakers, facilitating interactive games, and keeping colleagues engaged
- Routinely find new games and activities to facilitate for colleagues during UNITE! and the management committee
- Collect feedback on the onboarding experience by conducting surveys and interviewing new colleagues after UNITE!, 6 months and one year after hire date.
- Overall/General Activities
- Archive paperwork and maintain accurate documentation on applicants
- keep applicants and internal stakeholders adequately informed
- manage scheduling and logistics between applicants and hiring managers
- work closely with support department to ensure a successful new hire onboarding
- other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and external candidates. The Talent Acquisition Associate must be not only positive, approachable and work effectively with diverse personalities but also self-motivated and work under high levels of pressure. In addition, the following is required:
- 2-5 years experience in a fast paced, service oriented environment. Corporate recruiting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Recruitment designations preferred (CIR, CPC or similar)
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and the Internet
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter preferred
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills
- Must be well organized, dependable and team oriented with the ability to prioritize, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and work effectively with all departments
- Maintain a valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Extended work hours required on occasion which may begin before and / or end after the normally scheduled workday.
- Frequent travel up to 30% of the time to other MMA offices as required. Occasional overnight travel required
Click HERE for PDF version.